Friday, June 29, 2007

In my recent posting about my decision to consider adopting a child, I wrote that I have no desire whatsoever to be pregnant or give birth.

Well, I'll tell you what. If I were on the fence about it, "Knocked Up" would have kicked that urge right out of me.

Holy mother of God. Why would anyone subject themselves to that?!?

Ok, yes, I know, it's a beautiful thing, it's all worth it, yada yada yada. But it hurts! A lot! Why do you think they invented epidurals? Not because labor is a walk in the park, folks. And heck, if the painkiller hurts that much, how much must the thing the painkiller is supposed to help with hurt? Sheesh.

And people do this more than once?

They say tattoos are the same way, too. Now that I get. I want another one, like, right now. But I didn't need a freakin' epidural to get my tattoo.

Listen, all you women who have more than one kid, please tell me how you did it, because I can't even imagine going through it once. I know the end result is worth it, but seriously, mucus plugs? bloody shows? I can barely even stand to write that.

You know what, don't tell me. You keep those details between you and your ob/gyn, and I vow to never ever complain about a stupid headache again. Deal? :-)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I get it Maria...I know what you're getting at. And take it from me, it's no walk in the park. But the brain has some way of helping you slowly forget all of the pain and gross-ness of giving birth. It's been only 3 years, and although I remember each detail of agony, it doesn't seem as bad as it really was as Syd grows older. I hear that it's not until you get pregnant again, do you remember the real deal, but by then it's too late :-)

Maria Perez said...

Yeah, talk about hindsight! I'll get my baby the old-fashioned way ... I'll buy it. LOL. :-)

Anonymous said...

Tattoo? You have a tattoo? I didn't know that. What is it and where is it located? Wow... you learn something new every day.

Maria Perez said...

Hmm, identify yourself and maybe I'll tell ... :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm "Anonymous," silly.

Maria Perez said...

Oh, ok, but only because you told me who you are... ;-)

It's a blue butterfly. And that's all I'm tellin'.

Anonymous said...

Now you've really raised our curiosity.

Bosom or bottom?

MD groupies around the globe are dying to know.

Please post a photo. Pretty please.

Maria Perez said...

I'll never teeelllll.

Anonymous said...

That's okay. We'll be happy to strip search you in order to solve the mystery.

Maria Perez said...

LOL. Nice try. :-)

~grey said...

LOL anonymous is very presistant!

WOW You have a tattoo!!!!

I was going to ask too what it was and where...

Actually I have more fear about a tattoo then child birth.
You do forget all about the pain till your about to do it again.... in some ways it is worth it. Somedays it isn't... LOL

so you have a tattoo... that is so cool!!!

Maria Perez said...

And I'm getting another one this summer! Haven't decided when or where yet, but probably will be another butterfly, probably on my shoulder. Not sure. We'll see how I feel when I go get it. ;-)

~grey said...

pictures... I want to see pictures... LOL

I have always wanted one...

Maria Perez said...

I'm not gonna lie -- it was painful. Pretty painful. But I'm glad I did it. You should do it! It's never too late. Mine's hidden, so you can't see it unless I show you. That's the best way to go, initially at least, in case you regret it later. Now I know I want one that's more visible. Still, it'll be a little one. And if I get it on my shoulder, it will still be somewhat hideable if I want.

I'll post pictures once I get the new one. :-)