Monday, April 17, 2006

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Afternoon

A few posts back, I wrote about my brother's neighbor, who called to complain that my brother had left his dog outside in the rain.

Well, yesterday, I went over his house for Easter dinner. I brought the Easter basket; his neighbor brought a quaalude.

Here's what happened: A little before we got there, the neighbor took a pill, wrapped some meat around it, and threw it onto the deck in my brother's backyard. I'm not kidding! Luna had gone over and was eating the meat, though, thankfully, the pill had slipped out and was on the floor of the deck, so Luna didn't actually eat the pill. My brother and his wife called the police. They're going to test the pill to see what it actually was, and will follow up with the neighbor.

Can you believe that? I know a barking dog is annoying, but trying to drug the dog? And what if it was my nephew who walked over and decided to eat it? He's four -- he'll eat anything!

You know how they say you can't pick your family? Well, you can't pick your neighbors either. Some people need some serious help.

No comments: