Friday, April 07, 2006

Well, my letter to the editor was published this week in the local paper. I wonder if Father Orsini will write another letter responding to me in next week's paper. Then I'll have to write another the following week. And then he'll write another the week after that. And then, oh, heck, this could go on forever...

On another subject, I started yoga class last night. (And no, I didn't fart in this one.) It was harder than I imagined. I'd dabbled in yoga before, but mostly at gyms, rather than at a class taught by a yogi.

This class is all about asanas, or poses. We only learned a couple last night, like the "corpse pose," but already I feel better. I just have to remember to not worry about what I look like while I'm doing the poses. I had the misfortune of sitting next to the mirror (which, given that the walls are fully mirrored, would be hard not to do), and I couldn't help but glancing over to see which roll of fat was exposed. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I'm going home this weekend (yay!). And only one more week to Easter (double yay!). I cannot wait to eat some chocolate. I'm going to eat chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Easter Sunday. I'm sure I'll be sick for days, but I don't care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yoga! That's great! What kind of yoga are you pursuing?

Maria Perez said...

Asana yoga, I think it's called. It's one day a week for eight weeks, but he has a studio, so if I like it, I can take it more often. I start tennis lessons in a couple of weeks, too. That's what I'm really excited about. I can't wait.

What're you up to? :-)