Friday, April 14, 2006

Have you ever thought you were psychic? Did you ever have one of those moments where you think of someone, and then they show up? Or when you get a "déjà vu" moment for something that didn't actually happen but that you envisioned?

I once had a psychic tell me that I had the gift but that I wouldn't acknowledge it, even subconsciously, and that I needed to learn to trust my intuition.

Whether she was BS'ing me or not, I have had those moments that totally freak me out. Case in point:

I was driving home from Long Island last Sunday and I decided to take a different route, which brought me near the home of an old friend with whom I'd lost contact. As I drove by the area, I thought about how sad it was that I'd never see him again because he'd moved away and I didn't know where he was now. With as many times as I've moved over the last few years, we were never able to keep up.

Later that day, I was at Stop & Shop with my mom. I was bagging items at the checkout when a woman approached. It was my friend's wife! Turns out they've moved back to the area. She had already shopped earlier that day, but had left her wallet at the store and had to go back for it. Had she not left her wallet there, we would have never seen each other. What are the chances?

There are also other times when I "see" things happen that actually do happen later down the line. Like when I "see" myself bumping into an old friend, and I do, or when I "see" something in a store window and then see the same thing later when shopping.

Whatever you call that -- whether that has anything to do with psychic power or is merely a coincidence -- it's enough to really freak me out.

Now, if I could just find a way to "see" by some winning lottery numbers...

No comments: