Thursday, April 27, 2006

Odds & Ends:

My letter to the editor was posted. I hope this is the end of that whole fiasco with Father Orsini. I wish I could take part in the Day Without Immigrants march on Monday, May 1, but there's no way I can take off work. But I'll be there in spirit.

I do plan on attending Rally to Stop Genocide, taking place in DC on Sunday. The crisis in Darfur is just heartbreaking. Go to www.savedarfur.org/rally/ to find out more about what's going on and how you can make a difference. Think of it this way: If you could go back in time and do something about the Holocaust, wouldn't you? Well, this is another Holocaust. Hundreds of thousands of people have died, over 2 million have been displaced due to violence, and 3.5 million are hungry. We can't just sit by and do nothing.

On a much lighter note, I'm glad Kellie Pickler was voted off "American Idol" last night. The dumb blonde shtick was getting old. My next pick to go: Paris. I know she can sing, but she annoys me. I hope Elliott takes the whole thing. I know I say this every year, but I think this is my last year of watching "AI." It's getting a bit boring, isn't it? I sort of can't wait until summer, so I can start my "No TV during summer" rule." The weather's getting so nice out -- it's great to have an excuse not to stay home and watch TV...

2 comments:

~grey said...

Are you still watching Grey's Anatomy?

I agree... Kellie Picklers time was up... Hope Paris is next! I really don't like Elliot that much. I think Chris will win.

I keep saying that this is the last year I am watching too...but it never happens.

I love the Amazing Race!

Maria Perez said...

I used to like AR, but they lost me with the family edition. And I watch so many shows already! I need to stop ...