Sunday, May 18, 2008


Moi and Eva paint the town

On Friday, my sister, my friend Eva (aka "Anonymous, xoxo") and I went to see comedian Mike Marino perform at a local joint.

Don't worry, we didn't take the stage, much to the dismay of Eva, who's convinced we'd have a "hilarious" stand-up routine. ("Vinnie, get the bat!")

No, we were on our best behavior. We did get a little carried away with the laughing, though. My sister said the comedian kept staring at me because I was "cackling." Oh well, there are worse things, I suppose. Well, actually, you know I've done worse; you've read this blog.

Patrick Swayze showed up and sang a song. Ok, it wasn't really Patrick Swayze; it was some guy named Patrick who sang on Broadway or something. But Eva and I like the Swayze story better. How awesome would that have been? "Nobody puts Maria Diarrhea in a corner!"

We did, though, get a surprise appearance by Danny Aiello. And I'm sure I would be more excited about that if I were 80 years old. "That Danny boy, he's such a cute young fella."

All in all, it was a fun night. We got out of the house, had a laugh and got home at a respectable hour. And, really, what more can you ask of an old lady?

And hey, Eva, look ... you finally made it to my blog! Oh my gawd, you're famous. Huzzah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love it!

We had so much fun!

Great picture! HA

xoxo

Maria Perez said...

Thanks, anonymous. xoxo. :-)

Anonymous said...

Who's Moi and why wasn't I invited?

~grey said...

aaawww... poor diego.

Sounds like a fun time... "nobody puts Maria in the corner" hahahahahah too funny!

Waves hello to Eva... nice to see you!

Maria Perez said...

Awkwaaaard...

Anonymous said...

Hi - waving right back at you - ~grey!