Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wow. I never thought I'd say this -- never in a million, billion, googillion years thought I would say this: I am now a fan of David Cook.

There, I said it. It was a little hard to get out, but I said it. I am now in David's corner -- if still a little reluctantly.

Let's face it, the guys blew the girls out of the water last night. True, the girls had to put up with the inevitable Mariah comparison, but not one of them even come close to David's performance -- or even Jason's, for that matter. (All you Castro haters, don't even...)

I'm hoping Kristy Lee goes home tonight, but it'll probably be Carly. Syesha should be safe, since Mariah music is her thing and she sang it well. But Carly, poor Carly -- she's like the human punching bag for this show. No matter what she does or sings to please the judges, they just keep knocking her down. If she doesn't go this week, she definitely will soon.

I'm more worried about Brooke, though. Her performance was so tentative this week. For once, I agreed with Randy (dawg!) -- when she faltered toward the end, she sped up on the piano and that threw her completely off. The end did seem rushed. I really like Brooke, though, so I hope she stays for at least another week. I mean, how much would it suck to miss your sister's wedding by just one week? I hope Brooke fans stepped up and voted for her. Keep the "sunshine ray" (as Carly would call her) on and get rid of the lesser Cook, will ya?

Either way, I guess we'll find out tonight. Think good thoughts, Jason Castro and David Cook fans ... think lots of good thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Brooke but her last performance was kind of painful. David Cook was amazing as was David Archuleta. I don't like Kristy Lee at all either but her performace was aight dawg. I think the worst two of the bunch were Brooke (although i love her) and Jason Castro.
I think Jason might be heading home. Sorry to dissapoint!!

Maria Perez said...

Oh, Diego. I think you're going to be the one who's disappointed. Sorry. It's an all-girl bottom three tonight, and Carly's going. I'm hoping it's Kristy Lee, but she's like the energizer bunny, so I'm not too hopeful. I do think Brooke will be in the bottom three. I'll tell you what, though ... If Brooke does go home, get the paramedics ready, cuz the girl won't be able to handle it... lol. :-)

~grey said...

I only read the first paragraph!!!

YAY!!!
jumps up and down...
I knew you would come to your senses...

ok
back to read the rest. :P

~grey said...

i was shocked last night... when they separated David Cook from Jason Castro... first thing i thought was... 'oh oh, Maria is going to be ticked if Jason leaves'

LOL
Thankfully they got it right.

We don't have to watch KristyLee sing anymore. I can't stand her. LOL . Poor Brooke. I feel so bad for her. At the end of her song she was just shaking like a leaf.

David Cook is totally awesome! I cried... when they showed his brother. He is going through so much. I think Jason will be in the final along with David Cook.

Oh and one more thing... Did you see Carly's husband??? Uumm ya! Isn't he a piece of work...