Thursday, April 17, 2008

Not only am I rarely wrong, but I don't admit it even when I am. But today, my friends, I have no problem admitting I was wrong about Carly getting voted off, and that's because Miss Kristy Lee Cook is out. Gone, baby, gone!

I should feel bad for being happy she's gone, because all she -- all any of the contestants -- are trying to do is live out their dream. Do we really have cause to hate her? Is she a horrible person? Did she kill a kitten? Is she feasting off the blood of live bats? Unlikely. She just wasn't the best singer, that's all. But props to her for trying for it and continuing week after week, even when it was completely apparent she had not a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

I do fear for Brooke, though. She's been in the bottom two twice already, and I'm worried next week might do her in. And, to be honest, she's starting to grate on my nerves a little -- don't worry, Grey, not a lot ... just a smidge, a teaspoon's worth, if you will.

Oh, and Diego, do I need to point out that Jason was not even in the bottom three? Take that!

8 comments:

~grey said...

Wooohoooo... she's finally gone!!! I know.. I know.. She tried her hardest blah blah blah. But there is just something about her that grates on my nerves.

Brooke on the other hand... poor thing. She is just so sweet. But alas... the other minions have to leave at some point, so that David Cook can be declared the winner! LOL

Maria Perez said...

Exactly! And I appreciate that David Cook hasn't tried to gain sympathy votes by talking about his brother. It's so sad...

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm glad Kristy Lee is out but I actually felt really bad for her. I thought Mariah song pretty well. Jason has got to be the next to go. Please God!!!

Maria Perez said...

Ha! Prepare to be disappointed again, my friend ... prepare to be sorely disappointed. :-)

Neetsbeat said...

Carly rules!! Admit it!!

Neetsbeat said...

And....why could David Archuleta not figure out that Ryan was telling him to go with the safe people? He may be a little slow.

Maria Perez said...

Neets, I think I hit my limit with David Cook -- I'm not ready to back Carly up. But I will admit that she's got a great voice. Now if she could get the personality and presence to match ...

I can't stand Archie. His whole persona is so fake, and what's sad is that it's probably not fake -- it's probably all he knows how to be. And it's obvious he's watched the last 743 seasons of the show, because he did what every other person in that same position did in past seasons. He just handled it stupidly. Ugh.

I haven't voted since season one, but if it's a David-David finale, I'm going to pick up the phone and let my finger (not the trigger one, don't worry) do the talking for Cook... :-)

~grey said...

giggles at the nickname 'Archie' so very fitting...