Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Oh, Jason. Sweet, little, dreadlocked Jason. I'm going to miss you.

That was painful last night, huh? I was rooting for him, I really was. You know I love him. But man, even I can admit that was bad. He did get the best line of the night -- "I didn't know it was a cat singing it" -- but that was pretty much the high point for him.

I think Syesha did really well, though, turning in her best performance yet. Same goes for Carly. I'm not her biggest fan, but she finally showed some personality and actually looked she might be having fun.

I wish I could say the same for Brooke. Gosh dang it. I loves me some Brooke, but it was just so painful to watch. She wasn't horrible. Ok, yes, she was. I felt so bad for her. I don't think she'll go home this week -- that honor belongs to Jason -- but her downward spiral in the last few weeks has made me fear for her sanity. Doesn't she look so fragile? She's totally losing it before our eyes. I'm hoping, though, that it might ultimately help her get past this week, with people voting for her out of pity. One holds on to whatever hope one can find.

The person I wish people would stop voting for is Archie. Now, now -- don't look at me like I just clubbed a baby seal. Yes, he's got a nice, pure voice. Yes, he's sweet and all that. But come on, would you really buy his album? Really? You'd cough up some of that money you've been saving up to buy a Venti Triple Mocha Latte to hear Archie sing what essentially amounts to a second-rate Clay Aiken tune? I didn't think so.

We all know Cook's gonna take the whole thing anyway.

As for tonight's results, I see Syesha, Jason and Brooke in the bottom three, with Jason going home. It pains me to say it, but I fear it might be true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of watching AI is to hear what Paula will say next. She cracks me up.

David Cook will win this whole thing. Brooke is very annoying. Jason is totally hot!

My 2 cents.
xoxo
E

Maria Perez said...

Aw, I like Brooke -- she's so sweet. And I love Jason, but I fear he's the one to go. Man, I probably should have voted last night, huh? My badness.

~grey said...

I have to agree... Brooke does look and seem so very fragile. I love her to pieces... but she seems to be teetering on the the edge of sanity. Poor thing.

I had to Laugh at your clubbing a baby seal. hahahaha I truly hope Archie doesn't make the final 3... He is just way to young to be still in. When he is singing... he reminds me of a muppet.

Oh David Cook... that Boy has got IT!

I thought the bottom 3 was going to be Syesha, Brooke and Carly. Jason is to cute to be gone yet.

I don't vote either... but then I am not allowed too... it's the whole Foreign Country thing. LOL