Monday, January 14, 2008

So we had our office holiday party last week (you know, after the holidays) at a Barolo, a really nice restaurant in the Village. If you're in the City and want to have a nice Italian dinner, I recommend this place. (And no, they didn't pay me to say that.)

The food was really good, and served buffet style. For appetizers, we had crostini with salmon and roasted red pepper spread; goat cheese puffs; shots of buttersquash soup garnished with lobster; rosemary chicken tenders on a skewer with peppers; and beef tenderloin on a skewer. I think there was a mushroom appetizer or two in there, but I passed on those (natch). For dinner, we had penne alla vodka; spinach ravioli; risotto with wine sauce and grapes; Chilean sea bass with tomato, black olive and caper sauce; carved roast beef; roasted potatoes; mixed veggies; asparagus; and two types of salad. Then, for dessert, they brought a plate of mini-pastries to each table -- I was so good, I only had three, but trust me, I could have eaten the whole plate!

I didn't take my camera with me, but I was still able to wrangle some pics from other partygoers. I could not let this posting go without showing you this:



Ahh, the antler lady. God bless her. But hey, if nothing else, she's got the holiday spirit.

Here's a pic of the gorgeous gals in my department:



From left to right, it's Tasha, Vanessa, moi and Heather.

Don't you wish you worked with us? Don't ya?

5 comments:

~grey said...

WoW that is alot of food! Sounds yummy!!!!

I had to laugh at Antler lady... doesn't every 'office' have one...

What a great bunch you work with!

Maria Perez said...

Oh, believe me, she's got one for every occasion ... LOL.

thirthe said...

muy guapos todos!!

thirthe said...

todaaasss!!!

Maria Perez said...

Gracias! Ya pensaba que me cambiastes el sexo. Ha ha. Si, estamos guapisimas, pero creo que es mas el fotografo que nosotras. Ha ha. :-)