Saturday, November 10, 2007

After the last few months of craziness, I decided to do a little something for myself, so I called my favorite day spa and made an appointment for their fall special: a pumpkin facial, an aromatherapy massage and a pumpkin pedicure.

Oh my goodness, I feel divine. I smell like pumpkin pie. I totally want to lick my own face right now! (Alas, that's a talent I don't possess.)

Not that I needed a big excuse to get pampered. We should all treat ourselves now and then. It's amazing what a difference it makes.

Oh, and get this ... While I was driving to the spa, I called in to win tickets to a private concert with the band Train ("Calling All Angels"), and I won! It's on Nov. 20 at the China Club in NYC. How cool is that? I've already been to two of these things there -- INXS and James Blunt, if you'll remember -- so I know it's a really cool place. And because you have to win tickets, only about 200 people go, so it's a nice cozy affair. I'm so psyched. Admittedly, I don't know much about Train, besides liking a couple of their songs, but it's always fun to go hang out in NYC, and I also qualify to meet the band before the show. That's a long shot, but it's worth a try.

Anyway, I'm off to grab some lunch. Don't worry, my face is not in danger. :-P

5 comments:

~grey said...

that is way cool!!!!

congrats.

hey I have a new blog address

greyimpressions.blogspot.com

The spa sounds wonderful! I think I need one of those :)

Maria Perez said...

It was fantastic. I want to do it again right now... :-)

Hey, cool. Can I add the link to my blog, or would you prefer keeping it private?

Neetsbeat said...

I am SO jealous! I love Train -- their lead singer Pat Monahan is an awesome singer and their band often performs Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith covers songs really well!! It'll be fun! Wish I could go too...

Maria Perez said...

Me, too! Remember the free Gypsy Kings concert we went to? That was so fun! I'll make sure to take lots of pics of Train. :-)

~grey said...

Yes you can add my link to the side.

Have a good weekend!