Saturday, November 03, 2007

So our office building is holding an exhibition to draw attention to the fight against hunger. They had local businesses build exhibits using canned goods. I tell you, it's pretty amazing what they can make out of just cans. I took some pics -- hope you enjoy.

A slice of pizza. Yum:



I love this one -- the Easter Island statue:



You know what's sad? I knew what that was even before I saw the sign, but only because I saw "Night at the Museum." Oh, pop culture, you teach me so.

This tractor must have taken a ton of work. It is too cool:



But this one is my hands-down favorite:



Big Bird! I love Big Bird! Who doesn't love Big Bird? Crazy people, that's who.

You know what they made his feathers out of? Anchovy cans. How friggin' cool is that? These folks are talented.

This last pic I just found too cute:



Under Canstruction! Aw, come on, you can't not like that.

Well, I hope these pics brought a smile to your day. And when you think you can't do something, remember ... you CAN! (Groan ... that was bad, even for me ... Sorry.)

5 comments:

Neetsbeat said...

Wow! Our Junior Leage did the CANstruction project a few years ago before I joined but the pictures are amazing and all the food usually goes to a local food bank! Go CANstruction!

Maria Perez said...

Yeah, the food here goes to local food banks, too. It's such a neat thing. I hope they do it every year. And I really have to start carrying my camera with me ... there are so many things I want to take pics of and I always miss them! :-)

~grey said...

WoW!
These are soooo cool!!!

love big bird and Oscar. thanks for the smiles!

RFSJ said...

Thanks for these - fantastic. I loved Easter Island.

RFSJ

Maria Perez said...

RFSJ, don't you mean CANtastic? Groan -- yeah, I'm lame. Glad you enjoyed. :-)