Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So I found a church, an Episcopal one, in town. I've been there a couple of times now, and I do like it. For one, the priest (I'm not quite sure what to call him -- father? reverend?) is really nice. He makes sure to talk to everyone, and has made me feel very welcome. I also like his sermons, because they're very informal and current. I also like the Jesus-as-teacher-not-preacher mentality. The church serves the community through a nonprofit organization, so it's really more of a community-outreach church. I have to go a few more times before I decide whether it'll stick, but I think this might work out.

So that's one resolution down, three more to go. Well, two to go. I already blew the "be more patient" one. Now seriously, did anyone believe that would actually happen?

No comments: