Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I was reading a magazine article about how high-waisted jeans are the "in" fashion thing right now, and it got me to thinking: Remember all those styles that we thought were soooo in, but now, looking back, were completely horrendous?

I'm talking leggings -- or, even better, leggings with stirrups! The horror!

How about the socks-worn-outside-the-pants craze from the mid-'80s?

Or the sweatshirts with one shoulder exposed. (Thanks, "Flashdance.")

Then there was the "Relax, Don't Do it" and "Frankie Goes to Hollywood" t-shirts. Remember how huge they were? I had one that said "Feed the World" that could have clothed the world. Ugh, I shudder at the thought.

I won't even go into all the Madonna fads.

What were we thinking? And, years from now, what will we think of what we're wearing right now?

1 comment:

~grey said...

hahahahahahaha

Oh ya!!! I remember all of those. LOVED them... THEN!
slouch socks with your pants tucked in!
Leggings with stirups, LOL

and I had a 'Feed the World' shirt too....

those were the days!