Thursday, December 28, 2006

Last week I shared my list of Best of 2006. This week, I give you my list of the year's worst:

Song: "London Bridge," Fergie. "How come every time you come around, My London, London bridge, wanna go down like, London, London, London, wanna go down like, London, London, London, we goin’ down like..." Huh? You know, it takes a lot to beat Paris Hilton's "Stars are Blind" in this category...

Web site: PerezHilton.com. I'm sure it's not the worst site out there, but it's so horribly addictive -- and without any redeeming qualities (ain't it great?) -- that I can't stop!

TV show: "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip." No, it's not the worst show on TV, but it was the biggest disappointment. Maybe Aaron Sorkin should go back on drugs. (Sorry, that was mean.) I have loved, loved, loved every single one of his other shows, and I was so looking forward to this one. I mean, Matthew Perry, back on TV! How could I not love the show? But it's so obvious and preachy. It would help if I liked any of the characters on the show, but they're so, I don't know, unlikable. There's not one character I'd like to be "friends" with. What a letdown.

Movie: "The Breakup." That's two hours of my life I'll never get back. I didn't think it would be possible to make Vince Vaughn unappealing, but there you go.

Book: "The Alchemist." Yes, I know it didn't come out this year, but that's when I read it, so... And yes, millions of people have found it inspirational, blah blah blah. Bo-ring. I think it was the only book I read this year that I didn't like. And considering how many books I read, that's saying something.

Store: Sigh. Target. Y'all know why. Don't make me rehash the whole sordid tale.

Well, that's my list. And that's all for this year. I wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year. See you in 2007. Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years to you too!!!

Best wishes for 2007

Maria Perez said...

Thanks! Have a happy, healthy and safe one. :-)