Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I hate Christmas, because when it's over, it means another year is upon us, which means another birthday is on its way. Eek.

Instead, I'm going to focus on the positive -- presents! I got the best presents this year! Yes, I know Christmas is about spending time with the family, but, hey, that's pretty much every weekend at our house. What's different about Christmas? Yes, that's right -- presents!

Here's a rundown of what I got (in no particular order):

Nike + iPod -- this is the coolest thing. I connect it to my sneakers and my iPod and it becomes a personal fitness trainer. It tracks how many miles I walk, how many calories I've burned, etc. It even "talks" to me, giving me motivational messages. Actually, it's a little creepy. LOL.

A beautiful silver bracelet, the proceeds of which were donated to ovarian cancer research. So it's a gift that gives twice. I tried to take a picture, but it kept giving too much flash, so you'll just have to take my word for it -- it's gorgeous.

"Tell No One," by Harlan Coben. I just started reading it, but it seems like a pretty good murder mystery so far.

A beautiful Pashmina shawl from the gals at work.

An iPod radio. It's an iPod player, it's an alarm clock -- it's iHome2Go!

A cake plate, a portable pie plate and a pie-crust shield. Trying to tell me something?

A 2007 "George W. Bushisms" daily calendar. That'd be 365 days of funny if it weren't 365 days of true.

A car emergency travel kit.

A box of Godiva.

Good job everyone! I don't know how you're going to top that next year ... you've set the bar pretty high. Better start planning now ...

To see the Diarrhea family Christmas extravaganza, click here. Don't let the first pic frighten you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Nike + ipod thing sounds interesting.... I have only now seen a commercial for it. Cool things take forever to come to Canuckville. LOL

ooooooo aaaaaaa a pashmina shawl! How nice!!!! Excellent gift!

Wow you did good this year!!!

Gotta go look at the photos now

Maria Perez said...

It is soooo cool. It really does motivate me to want to keep walking, because you can set goals and track your progress online, so you get immediate feedback as to how you're doing. If you're like me and you need constant motivation, this is totally worth it.

I did do pretty well, didn't I? Can't complain. I'm so materialistic. LOL.

Have a great one! :-)