Monday, October 10, 2005

I don’t know about you, but I love a good chick flick. There are a handful of movies you can count on for those days that you just need a good cry: “Beaches,” “Steel Magnolias,” “Bridges of Madison County,” “Bride of Chucky.” Ok, I’m kidding on that last one.

But I saw one this weekend that trumps all other chick flicks: “The Notebook.”

Based on the Nicholas Sparks book, “The Notebook” follows the story of Allie and Noah, who meet as teenagers and fall madly in love but are forced to separate when Allie’s rich parents disapprove of Noah, who works at the local mill. The movie is told in flashbacks, as an old man reads the story to an old woman in a nursing home, sort of like “The Princess Bride” on Paxil.

So about an hour into the movie, I started crying. I still haven’t stopped. Seriously, I have never cried so much at a movie. And if you know me, you know I cry easily. There’s this one wine commercial that kills me every time.

I don’t want to give anything away about the movie, so I won’t mention any more about what happens, but if you love a good cry, trust me, rent this movie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bueno, yo como ultimamente lloro mucho, una buena película,una buena canción...tomaré nota :)...No sé cuando llegará aquí, a Galicia, si se me olvida (a veces tardan mucho) me lo recuerdas(o a Thirthe).
un saludo