Friday, August 05, 2005

Today is my birthday. I won't reveal which one.

Aging sucks. Of course, the alternative is worse, so I can't really complain all that much.

You know what I hate? When people say, "You look great for your age." Ouch! I guess it's nice that they say you look great, but for your age? Why not just "You look great"?

You know what else I hate? Being asked if I'm my 22-year-old sister's mother. Sigh... These are the same people who ask overweight women when the baby is due. Folks, think before you speak, okay? Because I may just snap one day. Seriously.

Well, happy freakin' birthday (ahem, 29, right?) to me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time, missy! I'm excited you're easily available via a blog!! xoxo skim

Maria Perez said...

You know I aim to please... :-)

Anonymous said...

Well I do love your picture. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY "29TH" BIRTHDAY FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME LOL. And
many, many, many more. Looking forwared to reading more of your blogging and also seeing you on Monday. Have a great weekend.

Maria Perez said...

If by umpteenth you mean first, then thank you! :-)

thirthe said...

no entiendo mucho lo que dices pero aún así te deseo un feliz día un muy feliz día, un maravilloso feliz día, y un montón de besos para ti.

(cómo se me pudo haber olvidado?)

No pierdas esa sonrisa radiante. Y bienvenida al club!!

thirthe said...

pero qué! qué nombre te has puesto???

Anonymous said...

Hope your birthday was sensational. Am slightly depressed to see that you have not posted anymore snippets of your life. You see I have no life and I was hoping to live vicariously through yours.

Maria Perez said...

Thirthe,

Me puse el nombre por que me dicen que hablo mucho y doy muchos detalles, asi que es casi como diarrhea de la boca. Que asco, no? Bueno, por lo menos no se olvida!

Besos! :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVED YOUR BLOG ME AND CLAUDIA WERE LAUGHING A LOT.
XOXO