Sunday, August 07, 2005

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I didn't find "Wedding Crashers" to be "the funniest movie I've ever seen."

That's no to say it wasn't funny -- it was. Watching Vince Vaughn (now an established Long Islander, I pronounce his last name "vaw-on") deliver his lines in a way that would make Jeff Goldblum green with envy was the most enjoyable film experience in quite a while. And Owen Wilson, mugging in his I'm-so-ugly-I'm-cute way, was endearing. But I can count on one hand the number of times I actually guffawed.

The funniest part of the movie for me was the moment when, during a quiet moment in the movie, my sister let out a loud-ass belch. I laughed harder at that than I did at the movie.

I recommend the movie -- as much as I do any movie featuring any member of the "Frat Pack" -- but you can definitely wait for the DVD.

"Wedding Crashers": B+
Laura's burp: A++

No comments: