Friday, August 12, 2005

I just discovered Jack radio (here in NY, it’s on WCBS 101.1).

Man, this s*** is bananas. It’s like an iPod Shuffle, but better, because there are songs you might want to hear once, but don’t necessarily want to buy.

For example, I purchased “Come on Eileen” -- it’s one of those fun songs that bring back good memories. But there’s a reason it’s not played often anymore, and that’s because it’s annoying after hearing it more than, oh, say, 200 times. Now I find myself skipping it most of the time, and wishing I had that $.99 back to purchase something else.

That’s the good think about Jack -- you get to hear songs you haven’t heard in a while, but you don’t hear them so often you get sick of them.

Another great thing about Jack radio is the variety of music they play. It’s like a radio station with multiple personalities. And it’s wonderful.

I, and most people I know, have varying tastes in music. I like rap, pop, country, alternative, Latin -- pretty much anything but really heavy metal. This morning, Jack’s songs included:

Young MC, “Bust a Move”
Scorpions, “No One Like You”
Chumbawumba, “Tubthumping”
Bruce Springsteen, “Glory Days”
Maroon 5, “Sunday Morning”
AC/DC, “Back in Black”
James Brown, “Super Bad”
Alanis Morissette, “You Oughta Know”
Green Day, “Longview”
U2, “Pride (In the Name of Love)”

So you get a little taste of all these different types of music, and you never get bored. I mean, I’m not going to buy Rockwell’s “Somebody’s Watching Me,” but it’s cool to hear it again … once.

2 comments:

thirthe said...

maría, maría, que empiezo a entender el nombre.

Te leo con el collins pocket al lado, no, si acabaré por cogerle el gusto..

besos.

Maria Perez said...

Bueno, hay que empezar por algun lado, no? Ya veras, dentro de poco vas poder entender todo!

Maria :-)