Friday, September 28, 2007

Ok, I've got a hand update.

Turns out, my hand problem has a name: Trigger Finger, a condition in which one of your fingers catches in a bent position. If it's severe (that's me -- severe), your finger may become locked in a bent position.

Sounds like fun, eh?

Who even knew it existed? And how cool is that name? I mean, it's much better than Nintendo Finger, which is what I would have gone with. Trigger Finger -- it just sounds so ... tough. Makes it sound like I actually do something other than sit on the couch and post on this blog.

Anyhoo, I went to the surgeon, who wanted to try cortisone shots before opting for surgery, which is really the last resort. Frankly, I'd rather have surgery. Have you ever had a cortisone shot?!? Holy canoli, that sucker is painful. The doctor gave me two in my hand. I cried, I screamed, I almost passed out.

I'm supposed to go back in a month to see if I need more shots. Frankly, I don't think I could go through that again -- I really don't.

Oh, and I've also been getting shots in my right foot, thanks to a pinched nerve. But at least that doctor is cute. And I think he's single. Humuna humuna. It might all be worth it, folks.

I'm falling apart, piece by piece...

3 comments:

RFSJ said...

Maria,

I've never had cortisone shots, and I'm sorry they were so painful. Can you tell yet if they've helped at all?

RFSJ

~grey said...

Well the name definately is cool! Makes it sound like something serious... or that you were doing something serious to get that way. (not that you weren't)

I have heard those shots are really painful. Hope you don't have to go back and get another one.

And your foot too.... *tsk* *tsk* *tsk* See what happens when you get old....

Maria Perez said...

Tell me about it ... I feel ancient! :-)