Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So I have a new boss, which, to my surprise and delight, is actually turning out to be quite nice. She's got some good ideas, and she's been very nice to me, letting me leave early if I have stuff to take care of and even letting me work from home if I have a doctor appointment.

Which isn't to say I enjoy working from home. Let me tell you, if I worked from home full-time, I'd be 700 pounds! I have absolutely no self-control. I've come to terms with that. I admit it. I embrace it.

I tell ya, I spent the whole day eating. Ok, I did a little work, but that was only to fill the time between meals. I don't know how people do it. I would spend my whole paycheck just on food, I know it.

And yes, I know I can just not have junk food in the house, but I live two blocks from a deli in either direction, and there are pizzerias and Chinese take-outs galore in my area. And I don't even like Chinese food! That's sad, when you eat food you don't like just because it's there. The only way I could prevent gaining weight would be to move to a neighborhood that had only mushroom shops in the area. Gross.

4 comments:

~grey said...

I here you....

That is half . No... all of my problem. (Staying home all the time).

Thank goodness I don't have a pizzeria close by....

I joined a gym this week....
UGH! I am so sore.... but it is a good sore... LOL (ya right) (that's what I just keep telling myself)

Maria Perez said...

Sore is sore, good or bad! LOL. Hang in there. It gets easier. :-)

Anonymous said...

What happened to Dan?

Maria Perez said...

Chandra, I'll e-mail you ... :-)