Wednesday, October 03, 2007

So I talked to my mom today, and she's planning on visiting for the holidays, which is great news. However, she plans on coming for four months ... yes, you read that right -- four months. November to February ("or March," she said, but I'm in denial about that).

Now, you know I love my mom to bits. She's my buddy, my pal. I actually do enjoy spending time with her. But I've also really gotten used to her not being here on a regular basis and, well, it's been kinda nice.

Plus, she and my sister do not get along at all. They're constantly at each other's throats, and I'm inevitably caught in the middle. Frankly, I don't wanna deal with it.

It's gonna be a looooong winter ...

4 comments:

~grey said...

where is your mama coming from?

a few days or maybe even a week... but 4 months!!! WOW!

Good luck!

Plan lots of things for her to do.

Maria Perez said...

She's coming from Spain, so it sort of does make sense for her to come for such a long while. And I really am happy she's coming. Just four months ... with her and my sister ... in the same house. Yikes. Better start popping the Xanax now ...

RFSJ said...

That's a long time indeed! Good luck with it. Will she want to go to Radio City Music Hall and all that?

RFSJ

Maria Perez said...

Nah, she'll probably just want to cook and clean. Hey, that might not be so bad after all ...