Friday, May 26, 2006

Well, today is the official start of my "No TV During Summer" rule.

Whose stupid idea was this anyway? I mean, what am I supposed to do for three months? If I had a life, I wouldn't be watching so much TV that I'd have to create a rule not to watch it. Sheesh.

Ok, so nearly a month of that will be spent in Spain, but that still leaves me with two months of nothing to do. Assuming I count from 6-11 p.m. for weekdays, and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on weekends, that's 51 hours a week with no TV.

I'll continue taking tennis and yoga lessons, and I start kickboxing again next week. And if you count eating time, long walks and a movie here and there, we're down to about 24 hours. Then there's shopping. We all know I can spend a full day shopping, but I'm not sure my checkbook can take it, so let's just say five hours of shopping a week. Plus you gotta count the blogging -- you can't leave that off.

So that leaves me with ... let's see ... hold on ... carry the 1 ... yep, that leaves me with about 18 hours a week. Sigh. I really thought I'd be a lot further ahead on the whole time thing. I mean, what's left to do that would take up 18 hours every week? I've covered all the important things -- eating, shopping. What else could there be to possibly do?

Stupid rule. I hate rules.

No comments: