Monday, May 15, 2006

I hate TV network executives. I hate 'em. I hate 'em. I hate 'em.

Why do they have to pit my favorite shows against each other? Why should I have to pick between the "Grey's Anatomy" finale and "24"? Or between the "Lost" and "American Idol" finales?

Now, I'm sure all you the-glass-is-half-full types will say that this just means that there's so much good TV nowadays that there's no choice but to pit good shows against other good shows. And I agree ... somewhat. For every "Lost," there's a "War at Home." For each "Grey's Anatomy," there's a "Rodney." And for every "American Idol," there's an "American Idol."

And even if there were so many good shows on TV that networks had no choice but to air them opposite each other, do the finales have to be on the same night?

So I'll opt for the "Grey's Anatomy" finale over "24," and I'll definitely be watching "Lost," not "American Idol." But a girl shouldn't have to choose.

No comments: