Wednesday, May 31, 2006

So you know my "No TV During Summer" rule? That lasted a whole ... let's see, when did I post it? ... um, nine hours.

Wow. That's a record.

Ok, so I'm amending my rule. For some reason, it was a lot easier to do in previous years, when I actually had a life.

So now, I can still watch TV, but only if it's a repeat, i.e., not something I can get hooked on. I will not, for example, be watching "Rock Star" or "Big Brother: All Stars," no matter how much I really, really, really want to. I can, however, catch up on "NCIS," since I missed the show when it was opposite "American Idol." And I can also see repeats of "CSI," "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and all those other shows that will make me too scared to sleep at night.

Another change to the rule is that I can't watch the shows live, only if I TiVo them. This is a weird distinction to make, yes, but it makes sense in my head, so just go with it.

The last amendment is that I can't watch I've seen before. So I can't watch a "CSI" episode for the 16th time. Or that "Law & Order: CI" show I already now the ending to but am compelled to watch anyway. If I've seen it before, I can't see it again.

Oh, and I can't watch shows that are on daily, like "Oprah" or "The Daily Show." This last one kills me, but it's too much of a time commitment and the whole point of the rule is to cut down on that.

So anyway, I gotta go. There's a Summer Preview issue of TV Guide with my name on it.

4 comments:

~grey said...

sounds like good amendments....

I am not going to watch shows that are "reality based"

Right now I am tired of tv...

Maria Perez said...

Me, too ... as the weather gets nicer, I want to be indoors less and less. But sometimes, I just wanna sit on the couch with a big bowl of chips and salsa and just watch TV. Hmmm, sounds good. :-)

~grey said...

oh , the only show I want to really watch... is Treasure Hunters. Looks like an Amazing Race type of show....

Maria Perez said...

Me too -- that does look really good. It seems like Amazing Race crossed with Da Vinci Code. Bummer I'll miss it ... Let me know how it is.