Monday, May 22, 2006

Here's what I don't get: How could you steal your colleague's lunch? I mean, I could maybe understand it if it were an office where you're just visiting for the day, or if you're never going to see the people again. But your co-workers? You have to face them every day.

I love Morningstar Farms chik patties. To me, they taste better than actual chicken. I also love that they're freezable, so they make great lunches. I usually put the patty on an English muffin with a slice of Swiss cheese and a side of green peppers or carrots. It's a delicious, satisfying lunch.

So imagine my disappointment when I went to the freezer today and did not find my box of patties.

Never mind that I had to nosh on just an English muffin with Swiss cheese. What most disappoints me is that it had to be someone in this office, someone who wishes me a good morning or a good night. And you know it's gonna drive me nuts, right? Was it you? Or was it you? Or maybe it was you?

Yes, I can always buy another lunch at the cafeteria downstairs. Now if I could just do the same with new co-workers...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one better - one time here at work someone stole my lunch from the fridge (ham and cheese - this was a while ago)took a bite, apparently didn't like it, and he/she disposed of it in my very own garbage can under my very own desk! Now that is one brave fearless individual! lol

Maria Perez said...

Nice. I guess that's better than taking a bite and putting back in the fridge, though, right?

I can't imagine how anybody could do that, if no other reason than they would be ashamed to get caught!