Tuesday, March 07, 2006

So I gave up chocolate for Lent. I figured the benefits would be twofold: I would fulfill my Catholic obligations; and I would stop eating chocolate, which would help me lose weight.

Here's the problem: Since I can't eat chocolate, I'm eating everything else! Normally, after lunch, I'd have a tiny piece of chocolate -- just enough to fulfill my desire. Now that I can't eat chocolate, I go to the vending machine and buy, say, Twizzlers -- but that doesn't quite do it. So then I go downstairs and buy Reese's Pieces, but that doesn't sate my desire for chocolate. So then I have some pretzels ... You get the picture. I'm going to wind up gaining weight by not eating chocolate!

I hope God's reading this. I need this "sacrifice" to be acknowledged when (if!) I reach the pearly gates...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehe...
so your one of those... people...
a chocoholic.

i too gave up a few things for Lent. But i am feeling idiotic for doing soo... as i don't get it anyways...lol I gave up sex for lent. Well I can't remember the last time... so that doesn't really count. So I gave up chocolate. Well... I hate chocolate. Really I do... I will have a bite here or there... but i don't need it like you do. I could take it or leave... much prefer to leave it. So I thought... that was too easy. (for Lent) So I also gave up pop, soda, mostly coke or pepsi...

oh well... maybe next year i will try to give up coffee.... Nooooooooooooo!!!!