Wednesday, February 06, 2008

So today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent, which means I have to decide on what to give up this year.

I usually give up chocolate, but seeing as how I sneaked in a piece this morning, that's pretty much a no-go. I think I've pretty much decided on red meat. I've been wanting to eat less meat anyway, ever since I heard that reducing your meat intake to one day per week is one of the actions that has the most impact on our environment. So not only do I fulfill my Lenten duties, but I also help Mother Earth. Sweet!

Now I just have to decide how I'll live without bacon. Mmmmm, bacon. Turkey bacon doesn't count as red meat, does it? Because if so, I'm cooked. (No pun intended.)

I could always take the easy road and give up mushrooms...

4 comments:

~grey said...

wow... red meat. That would be tough to do for me.

I am giving up pop.sodas. anything cola or fizzy.

I think I will monitor my red meat. See how much of it I actually do consume...

good luck.
my the force be with you

(still giggling at the mushrooms)

Maria Perez said...

Yeah, it's going to be hard, but I think I'll make it. Then on Easter, I'm going to eat lots and lots of red meat and totally undo all the good I've done. :-)

Anonymous said...

You'll never ever guess what I gave up... give up?

Alcohol! That's right. Last year it was just beer, this year it's all forms of alcohol.

Wish me luck!

E

Maria Perez said...

Wow -- now THAT is impressive! If you need me to help you through the detox, let me know. LOL. Let me know how it goes. :-)