Thursday, February 21, 2008

I don't have Venereal Disease.

Now that I have your attention, let me give you a brief update on my hand. Besides the aforementioned VD, I also do not have gout, Lyme disease, lupus and about 17 other things the doctor tested me for. In fact, my bloodwork came through clear. Great, right? Yeah, except we still don't know what the heck is up with my hand.

I feel a little like a patient on "House," but we're now just going to try stuff until it sticks. First up is medication to treat arthritis. Actually, it's primarily used to treat cholitis, but also helps with arthritis. Why cholitis? Isn't that some sort of intestinal issue? Yes, yes it is. But in rare cases (uh, that would be me), cholitis can cause localized arthritis six months to a year before the cholitis would present itself. Look, at some point, I gotta take the leap of faith and trust the guy with the white coat and medical degree, because I just don't get it.

Anyways, this medication has a couple of side effects. One is anorexia (fingers crossed!). Another is orange skin. Great. I should totally hook up with that blue dude.



If nothing else, we'd make the ultimate Mets fan.

Well, it's only day three of the pills, and no orange skin or anorexia yet, but I'm holding out hope.

3 comments:

~grey said...

Orange skin and anorexia... sounds fun. LOL

are your fingers crossed 'for' anorexia? I know mine would be... LOL Any 'help' in the weight department would be great.

blue man is just freaky.

hope you figure something out soon...

Maria Perez said...

Yes, definitely fingers crossed for anorexia. Just kidding! I know it's a disease and it's bad and blah blah blah. But maybe just for a couple of months... :-)

Memphis said...

My sister used to have orange skin. Yeah, lovely old fashioned instant-tan turned her into the ultimate Clemson Tigers fan. Too bad she had no clue who they were. Sorry that your orange is coming from medicine. I hope whatever is wrong, they figure it out and make it all right again.