Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm about a third of the way into the new "Harry Potter" book. Don't worry -- I'm not going to say a word about it.

But with all the media storm surrounding the new book, I'm torn. On one hand, I want to read it as slowly as possible, and savor all the fine details. On the other hand, I want to read it as quickly as possible so as not to come across something that inadvertently -- or inadvertently on purpose -- gives anything away. What to do?

I've taken the day off tomorrow so I can dedicate my day to reading the book. Crazy, I know, but it's the only compromise I could think of. This way, I can take my time reading it, but I don't have to worry about spoilers.

So if you call or e-mail me tomorrow, know that I won't get back to you until I've finished my Harry-time. Not that I don't trust you...

On a semi-related note, RFSJ turned me onto a quiz to determine who your HP alter ego is. I was certain I'd be Hermione, but I turned out to be Remus Lupin, the werewolf, instead. Figures. I do tend to be a bit hairy. Check out the quiz here and tell me who your HP alter ego is. Just know that if it's Snape, well, I can't be your friend anymore. :-)

4 comments:

~grey said...

Well... I finally was able to get into the quiz!

I guess I can't be your friend anymore.... LOL

YUP my alter ego is Snape... LOL

Maria Perez said...

Oh, no! I can't believe you're Snape. Well, it was nice knowing you. LOL. ;-)

~grey said...

*sniff*
*sniff*...

yup... it's been nice....

and I had a great present for you too.... *sigh* oh well.

Maria Perez said...

Oh, um, a present. Well, er, why didn't you say that in the first place, old pal? :-)