Wednesday, February 22, 2006

So I just started watching this season's "American Idol." I would have watched it sooner, but I refuse to watch the episodes in which they give the no-talent, fame-seeking idiots any camera time. I hate that all they have to do is be awful, and they get what they want. (Man, I am getting old and cranky...)

So anyway, I watched last night, as the 12 female contestants belted out their first songs for viewers to judge. Some were good; some were bad. But the bad ones were all -- all -- gorgeous. How did they make it through? Why weren't any of the awful ones ugly? Would they have gotten through had they been? Why is, say, Becky O'Donohue in the running? She can't sing! Oh, right, she's gorgeous. She's also a former Maxim cover girl and "Fear Factor" contestant. I smell a reality-TV-addicted rat.

And what a double standard for the men. With the exception of Chris Daughtry, who has replaced Bo Bice as the hottest "American Idol" ever, they're not exactly eye candy. (I take issue with those who say Ace Young is cute. Yeah, if, like, you totally, like, live in the O.C.)

My favorites so far: Chris (natch) and Paris Bennett, who I totally want to adopt so I can just have her sing for me all the time. She is so cute!

Who're you rooting for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love watching IDOL too....
But I am a fool for punishment as I watch right from the start.

I am not to fond of the girls. But I like Paris and Kelly Pickler. She has a good story...

As for the men.... Chris is a favourite and should go far. He is easy on the eyes..... but I have to admit... I just drooled over Ace. He sings great.... and just has that look. i hope he is around for a long time too.
(oh and I am in Canada.... i am not sure what the OC is... but I will go if they all look like ACE) LOL

Maria Perez said...

"The O.C." is a popular TV show here with the young folks. It's sorta like "Beverly Hills, 90210." :-)