Sunday, September 04, 2005



World, meet the new James Bond: Daniel Craig.

Ok, it’s not official, yet. And there certainly have been many names bandied about as possible replacements for Pierce Brosnan, some (Clive Owen) more interesting than others (Jude Law?). But, after having watched "Layer Cake," I’m convinced Craig is up to the task.

Now, I’ll be the first to admit I’m not the biggest fan of the Bond movies. In fact, the first one I saw was the first one starring Brosnan. So I’m coming at this from a newbie’s point of view. But Craig certainly seems to fit the bill: He’s charming. He looks great in a suit. And those piercing blue eyes ... hmm...

If you liked "The Usual Suspects," you’ll like "Layer Cake." True to its title, the movie is layered with plot points that don’t really seem to make sense, until the end. As with "Suspects," the joy in watching "Cake" is after the movie ends – when you go back and try to make the puzzle pieces fit and discover clues you missed.

But enough about the movie, and back to Craig. Maybe it’s the British accent, but even the fact that he’s not a head-turner in the way that, say, Gorin Visnjic, is, makes him more attractive. "I know I’m not gorgeous, but I’m so f***ing great in the sack that you can’t resist me. Oh, and look how great I look hanging 2,000 feet in the air from this thin little cable attached to a helicopter I just happened to find in the middle of the rain forest. And this hot ecologist I just saved from certain death? I will be pleasuring her later this evening in ways previously thought humanly impossible. Then I’m going to have some waffles."

Oh, Danny boy.

Well, I’ve got to go. I’ve got to, er, go buy some syrup ... or something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when you talk dirty!

Maria Perez said...

Hello anonymous. Are you a single dude? (I was going to ask if you're gay, but seriously, at this point, even that doesn't matter)

:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm single and straight. And, more than a few people, believe it or not, have commented that I actually resemble Goran Visnjic.

I stumbled across this blog recently and enjoy reading your insights. I must admit I find women who use racy language on occasion to be very appealing.

Ciao!

Maria Perez said...

Sweet. Hubba hubba. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think Howard Stern should be the next James Bond.
G&S