Monday, September 12, 2005

Ahhh, my favorite time of the year! The new fall season starts this week.

Here’s a rundown of all the must-see shows, in my humble couch-potato opinion:

Monday:
"How I Met Your Mother": I haven’t seen it yet, but the previews make me feel inadequate as a single woman, so it must be great!
"Prison Break": If you haven’t seen this yet, catch up immediately! Ok, so a big reason to watch is leading man Wentworth Miller, a.k.a. "the hot dude in the Mariah Carey" videos, but it also happens to be a really well-written, well-acted show. And one of the few shows that will make me miss "Las Vegas," one of my fave guilty pleasures.

Tuesday:
"Gilmore Girls": Will Luke say yes to Lorelai’s marriage proposal? Will Rory go back to Yale? Will Jess’ return shake up Rory and Logan’s relationship? Will I be tuning in to find out? You bet your sweet arse I will!
"The Amazing Race": This is a tough one, as it’s up against "Commander in Chief" with Geena Davis and "My Name is Earl" with Jason Lee, but I think "AR" might win. Then again, it’s the family edition this season, and I’m not really itching to hear "Are We There Yet?" for an hour, so...

Wednesday:
"The Apprentice: Martha Stewart": Count me among those who heart Martha.
"Lost": What, you thought I’d watch "Head Cases" instead? I think not.

Thursday:
"Survivor: Guatemala": Nothing could keep me away from Probst, er, I mean, this show.
"CSI": One "Apprentice" a week is enough, and sorry, Donald, but Martha’s got the new-kid-on-the-block advantage here. Plus, I need something to feed my serial-killer-in-the-attic paranoia.

Friday:
"Numbers": I’d like to say I’m too busy on Friday nights to watch TV, but we all know that’s not true, so why even try?

Saturday:
Even if I have to pretend to be out partying, I will not watch TV on Saturday nights ... I’ll rent a movie. Ba-dum-pum.

Sunday:
"Desperate Housewives": Every Sunday at 10:01 p.m., I say I don't care what happens on this show anymore. And every Sunday at 8:59, I can't wait to see it again. So I'll spend an hour on Wysteria Lane and I'll love every minute of it.
"Grey’s Anatomy": Oh, Patrick Dempsey, how you have matured. Yum-my. Oh, I mean, it's a really well-written and well-acted show.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, my favorites are: Bill O'Reilly, Everyday Italian, The Sopranos, and Emeril Live. I do want to start watching Desperate Housewives.

Maria Perez said...

What's Everyday Italian? Never even heard of it!

Desperate Housewives is ok ... it's more a watercooler show than a great show, know what I mean?

If you only see one show this season, see Lost. Have you caught that at all?

Anonymous said...

Um...no, never saw Lost. I think Howard Stern likes it. Maybe I will give it a try.
Everyday Italian is on the Food Network. It may be called Simply Italian...I always get confused by the first word. I also like Emeril Live...I would love to see him live. I also like the Home Garden Network...
I miss the days of Dynasty....oh, and my favorite was Bare Essence...well the pilot. I had a huge crush on Bruce Boxleitner.
I miss the show Wiseguy with Ken Wahl...what a hunk.
See, that was TV !
Annoymous me.

Anonymous said...

I forgot...The Thornbirds...Life Time Favorite. I wanted to look like Rachel Ward. I think she is beautiful.

Maria Perez said...

Ahhh, Bruce Boxleitner. I LOVED him. And Ken Wahl, too. He's gone off the deep end lately, though, hasn't he? He's all sorts of messed up...

Anonymous said...

Nope. I emailed his webpage and got a response. He does some work but because of a bad back injury he had stopped working. He is married to one of the Bobbi twins and has a child w/her. She was a playboy cover along w/her sister.
It figures...never an average girl like myself.
He looked great on the website...I wonder if he had some plastic surgery that's how good he looked.