Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Before I head off to London, let me leave you with a very special episode of Maria Diarrhea's Moviewatch:

"War": Stars Jet Li and Jason Statham (hot, hot, hot!). About the plot: Um, the movie has Jason Statham in it? That's about all I remember. I'm certain the people watching this movie -- and by people, I mean me -- don't really care about plot with a flick like this. Something about honoring somebody and killing someone else. Whatev. It's got Jason Statham.

"Gone Baby Gone": This was Ben Affleck's directorial debut, and it's excellent. It's about two Boston detectives who investigate a little girl's kidnapping, but that's just the general plot. The genius is in the dialogue and acting. Hello, Ed Harris! Long time no see. Morgan Freeman, although he doesn't have a lot of screen time, is also very good and definitely leaves an impression. He's so darn cool! I also love Titus Welliver, though I found his character's handlebar mustache distracting. And Amy Ryan, who plays the kidnapped girl's mom, was completely deserving of the Oscar nomination she got for this role. Really, there's nothing bad I can say about this movie. It's a definite yes.

"Good Luck Chuck": Don't judge me, but I loved this movie. There were several laugh-out-loud scenes, and although I'm not a huge Dane Cook fan, I enjoyed him in this movie. It's not a "go rent this now" movie, but if it happens to come on HBO or something, go ahead and watch it. It's entertaining.

"Mystic River": I thought this would be totally boring, given Clint Eastwood directed it (and Clint does love his looong movies), but I'm glad to say I was wrong. It was completely riveting, and Sean Penn and Tim Robbins give amazing performances. Now this is one that, if you haven't seen yet, you should run out and rent.

Well, that's it for this edition of Maria Diarrhea's Moviewatch. Wish me fun in London!

2 comments:

~grey said...

some of those movies sound good... I will try to rent-see them one day soon.

Have fun in London! Hope the weather is better then what I have been reading..
Either way it should be good to see something different!

Anonymous said...

hola,hola,aquí estamos susa y yo en la biblioteca de cée. como no entendemos media jota, por las fotos vemos que lo has pasado muy bien, es así?, estás de vuelta? muchos besos de nuestra parte, para todos, esas personitas que están en las fotos con la abuela, los papás, las tías....

besos

susa y charo