Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I'm baaaaack. Florida was awesome.

Ok, I'll be honest, I've been back for a few days, but it's just been crazy busy and I haven't had a chance to write. And to be even more honest, I don't even really have that much to blog about. I did have a great time in Florida, but it was uneventful ... thankfully! I was really looking forward to just hanging out with my friend Neets, and that's really all we did. Ok, we did squeeze some shopping in ... two days' worth, actually ... but hey, it's me. What'd you expect?

We did also watch a couple of movies. One was "Borat." Oh ... my ... gosh. That movie was hysterical and horrifying all at once. Seriously, there were some scenes we had to watch in fast-forward because we wanted to see what happened but couldn't bear to listen. I would list some specific scenes, but it's pretty much the entire movie. If you saw it, you know exactly what I mean. We also watched "Starsky & Hutch," which I hadn't seen before but Neets had. Pretty funny, in a stupid-funny kind of way. If there's nothing else to rent, go ahead and get this. Do it. Do it.

Oh, and we watched a marathon of "How Clean is Your House?" This is my new favorite show ... ever. Basically, these two British cleaning ladies go to people's houses and clean them. Sounds boring, but it's so great, because a) the houses they go to are completely disgusting, and not just in my OCD opinion -- they really are uninhabitable; b) one of the women, Kim, can't not smell things. I mean, there could be this pillow cover that's covered in an inch-think pile of yellow whatever, and she knows she'll be totally grossed out if she smells it, but she can't not smell it, and so she does, and then we get to view the hysterical facial expressions; c) the other woman, Aggie, does all these neat scientific tests to see how much bacteria there is in the house. She'll swab a surface, and then tell the people living there just why they're always so itchy or why their asthma isn't getting any better. It's totally gross, and totally great; d) their accents. Only the Brits can get away with making insults sounds so nice.

Other than that, we pretty much just sat by the pool and lounged about. It was the perfect, relaxing break. And now back to reality. Sigh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like heaven!!

Maria Perez said...

It was! And Parliament is, like, $3 a pack! :-)

~grey said...

Welcome back!

I missed you... :)

what is parliament?

Maria Perez said...

Oh, cigarettes. I quit a year and a half ago, but every once in a while ... :-)

~grey said...

Ohhhhh I get it....

It will be 14 years in September that I have quit... :)

Smokes here are like $9.50 or $10 a pack...

Maria Perez said...

What?!? Yikes! I thought it was bad here. That's definitely a reason to quit! Good for you. :-)