Monday, May 14, 2007

I have a confession to make. I've hidden it until now because ... well, you'll know why when you read it.

Sigh. Here I go.

I have a secret crush on Dick Van Dyke.

Aaaaah, I've said it!

I love, love, loooove Dick Van Dyke. I never saw "The Dick Van Dyke Show," at least not during its original run -- I'm not quite that old -- but there was a time that a day wouldn't go by that I wouldn't watch "Diagnosis Murder."

So imagine my delight when I turn on "Night at the Museum" and find that glorious, gray-haired, perpetually lovable face on the screen. It's Dr. Mark Sloan! (And no, not "Grey's Anatomy" man-whore Mark Sloan. He only wishes he was as lovable as the original!)

Well, anyway, I really liked the movie -- it goes on the list as one of my faves. Then again, I can't really be objective about it, can I? My biggest critique with the movie was that there wasn't enough Dick in it. (Get your head out of the gutter.) Ben Stiller is cute and all, and he played his part perfectly, but he's no Dick Van Dyke. Then again, not many men are. In fact, I can only think of one.

Yes, Dick, I'm talking 'bout you. Call me.

9 comments:

~grey said...

I loved Dick in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....

Jerry Stiller?? I haven't seen the movie so I am not sure who you mean....

but man w hore Mark Sloan.. YUM!
Very good eye candy.

I think I like Dr. McDreamy better.... *sighs*

~grey said...

oh and your secret is safe with me.... :)

Maria Perez said...

Oops, I meant Ben. I guess my brain was still thinking old. :-)

Unknown said...

Ah yes. I loved him in Mary Poppins. I secretly wanted him to be my dad.
-claudine

Maria Perez said...

Me, too! I just want him to hug me. He seems so huggable! :-)

Anonymous said...

you're all freaks! :-)

Maria Perez said...

Oh, Diego, you're just jealous ... ;-)

~grey said...

Diego is the name of my puppy....

:)

Maria Perez said...

I know! I saw it on your blog. How crazy is that? What are the chances? :-)