Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Would you wear someone else's underwear? (Assuming it's clean, of course.)

My mom bought a bunch of underwear. She tried them, but didn't like the fit, so she was going to throw them out. She offered them to my sister, who wouldn't take them because my mom had worn them once. (She'd since washed them, of course.)

My sister says it's gross and wouldn't wear them. I say it's ok, because they've been washed and it's our mom.

I mean, when we shop, we try clothes on -- and god knows how many people have tried those on... Yes, I know this is slightly different. After all, it's our hoohahs we're talking about.

What do you think? Would you wear your mom's underwear, provided she'd washed it (and provided it's not, like, 40 sizes too big and covered in bunnies and flowers)?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting question....

I would say it would be ok. As long as she only tried them on once....

It would be different if she had worn them for the past few weeks (no not constantly) but you know... wore then each a few times, then decided she didn't like them.... Then I wouldn't wear them! But if it was just a try on.... then they are ok.

Anonymous said...

I had to wear my mom's underwear. Airline "misplaced" my luggage. By the time I got home (vacation home) all shops were closed so it was either change into my mom's or wear my mother-in-law's. Which would you pick? That's right!

Maria Perez said...

You definitely made the right choice! LOL. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes. Of course. In fact, I used to "borrow" my roommate's underware regularly because I was lazy about doing my laundry. He never seemed to mind. I once casually mentioned this to another friend and she was seriously horrified. So even though it is a secret, I have no problems with used underware (friends' and loved relatives' only) provided they are laundered -I wouldn't buy used underware in a thrift shop though.