Friday, November 03, 2006

So you know I love "Grey's Anatomy." I love everything about it. It's totally my fave show right now. But last night's show bothered me, and I can't get over it.

What has my panties all in a bunch? The whole "chicken and pig," "ham and eggs" thing, that's what.

Seriously, what was that all about? What does it even mean? Did you understand the saying and what it has to do with commitment?

It really bothered me. It did.

It's just that "Grey's" is such a smartly written show. The characters are flawed. Heck, even its main character is easy to hate (at least by me). I'm sure they could have come up with a better analogy than "ham and eggs." It just seemed like the writers were trying too hard to come up with another catchphrase.

Of course, this won't stop me from watching the show -- I'll still suck it up like Hasselhoff.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if you really want to understand the analogy check out this site.

http://marriage.families.com/blog/are-you-the-ham-or-the-eggs

i think at first a lot of people din get it, but as u continued to watch the show you almost got it, but till would of needed to be listening extra carefully to hear the complete story greg told. But you let me know wat u think of this explanation.

Maria Perez said...

Hm, that explains it a little better ... I guess. I just think it was a bit of a stretch, as far as analogies go. I hope it doesn't catch on ...

Thanks for explaining, though! It was driving me nuts ...

Anonymous said...

Here are a couple of neat blog type sites... about Grey's.

http://www.greyswriters.com/
A blog from the shows writers... sometimes helps understand each episode.

http://www.emeraldcitybar.com/
A blog written by Joe the bartender. Good insight to the show.

I haven't checked them lately...

I was a bit confused with the whole Ham and Eggs thing too. I don't think it's going to be a catch phrase.... but you never know.

My Favourite show too.... this and LOST!

Anonymous said...

Yeah it was contrived -- I think they got too excited over having coined "Va-jay-jay" and tried to do it again. But, oh, my dear writers, lightining never strikes twice.

Maria Perez said...

Thanks, Silent One. I read the Grey Matter one religiously, but I'd never heard of the Joe's Bar one -- I'll check it out.

I used to watch Lost, but it got to be too much. I can't commit to something that takes so much thought. Now I just can't wait for 24 to come back. Go, Jack Bauer!

Maria Perez said...

Yeah, "va-jay-jay" was a once-in-a-lifetime thing. They get points for trying, though ...