Tuesday, June 13, 2006

This is gonna hurt. I know it is. It hurts me to write it. But when you gotta tell the truth, you gotta tell the truth.

That new Paris Hilton song, "Stars are Blind"? I love it. Can't get it out of my head.

I know. It's Paris Hilton. Singing.

I can’t help it. I heart that song. It's pure poetry:

Even though the gods are crazy
Even though the stars are blind
If you show me real love baby
I'll show you mine

I can make you nice and naughty
Be the devil and angel too
Got a heart and soul and body
Let's see what this love can do
Baby I'm perfect for you

I mean, yeah, it's a bit simple, but it's the summer, and if beach books can be read, why can't beach songs be heard?

And yes, the song is overproduced and manipulated, but that’s a plus ... really! We can all take comfort in the fact that we never have to hear her sing it live.

See, there's always a silver lining ... sometimes you just gotta really stretch for it.

2 comments:

~grey said...

can't say I have heard it yet....

I didn't even know that Paris had a song out.....
Heck I didn't know that she could sing.... LOL

Maria Perez said...

She can't!! LOL. :-)