Friday, January 13, 2006

It's the end of my second week in Jersey ... Here's what I did this week:

Monday: Woke up, went to work, came home, ate dinner, went to sleep.
Tuesday: Woke up, went to work, came home, ate dinner, went to sleep.
Wednesday: Woke up, went to work, came home, ate dinner, went to sleep.
Thursday: Woke up, went to work, came home, ate dinner, went to Target (yay!), came home again, went to sleep.

Frankly, I am bored out of my gourd. I know I went through this stage when I moved to Long Island five years ago. There was nothing for me to do yet, I didn't really know anyone, all I did is shop. But it's so frustrating! I know that, in the grand scheme, I should shut up, cuz I got it pretty good. But ugh, I am going to fall into a coma if I don't come up with something to do!

Things I'm thinking about: piano lessons, cooking lessons, going back to finish my Master's, finding a local community theater. All sound good, but I can't get motivated to actually start. I'm stuck in one long-ass rut. I need someone to slap me and say, "Snap out of it!" (Any takers? The line forms to your right ...)

I mean, I'm just plum excited I've got an appointment to highlight my hair next Saturday. Yipee! Something different to do! It's a sad day in Maria-land, my friends, when the most excitement I've got lined up is to sit in a chair while some supposedly straight guy puts foils and chemicals in my hair.

That's it. I'm doing something about it. I'm going to start researching classes right now. If not right now, then definitely later, or this weekend, or early next week. Yeah, definitely by the end of next week...

No comments: