Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ever have a day/week/month when you wish you could just run away and start a new life in a new town, where no one knew anything about you and you could start fresh?

I love my job, and my family, and I know I’m very fortunate to have the life I have -- yada yada yada. But I feel I’m at an impasse.

I’ve been thinking more and more about selling off all my belongings and moving to Spain. I’m sure part of it is that I’m increasingly dissatisfied – and scared – at the direction this country is moving in. But another part of it is the desire to just start over. No strings, no connections, just a fresh start.

Could I be going through a midlife crisis? Probably. Experiencing the beginnings of a nervous breakdown? Perhaps. But when your days are filled with daydreams of witnessing a major crime so you can be put in the Witness Protection Program, you know it’s time to start rethinking things.

Now I just have to decide what it is I actually want to do. That’s the hard part.

4 comments:

Chris said...

First, it's good to have you back in blogland. My Google Reader was lonely without you. Second, move to Las Vegas, we can play bingo. That is all.

Maria Perez said...

Chriiiiiissssss! How ya been? We never got together for bingo. Oh, well, I guess that means I'll just have to take another trip to Vegas. Boo hoo. :-)

Anonymous said...

So, if I still daydream about running away to Ireland, does that make me a bad mommy or a really cool girl who wants to hear sexy brogue all day? hmmm. I totally hear ya on the whole 'direction of the country' thing.

Anonymous said...

I was in the witness protection program, or reclusive, tomayto tomahto, until this whole Facebook thing came about. I do not think that you are having a midlife crisis, nor a nervous breakdown. The state of affairs in this country is depressing, as a general rule. However, as someone who has daily contact w/ BFFs in our part of Spain, I can tell you that things there are not any better, sans the view.

Hang in there, Maria P., because good things (rather, even better things) might be coming your way soon. I'm just sayin.

Maria G.