Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So I get home from work last night and am waiting for the roofer to come look at the leak that happened during the last storm, and my sister comes running upstairs. Turns out the toilet and sink in the downstairs bathroom was stopped up, and when she put Drano down the drain, the -- how should I put this? -- "stuff" started coming up the shower drain. The entire shower floor was covered in "stuff." (I don't have to get specific, do I?)

So I called my brother, who, God bless him, came over right away. We plunged the toilet and the shower drain, which released the clog, but the pipes were still stopped up. So we unscrewed them and had to -- by hand, mind you -- remove all the "stuff" that was blocked from going out the pipe.

Yes, there I was, with little yellow gloves on my hands, removing "stuff" from the pipes into a bucket, then taking it out to the sewer to discard it.

And so now, when you think of the phrase, "That smells like shit," you will think of me.

(I don't know why I bothered writing "stuff" for the entire posting and then just using the word "shit," but there you go.)

I took a nice, long, hot shower last night, but I can't get the smell out of my brain. I hope to God I don't smell, but you never know, do you? Maybe I'll go ask someone, but then how would I explain the question? Ah, never mind, if I do smell like, well, shit and someone has a problem with it, too bad. I had my hands full (ha!) last night.

3 comments:

~grey said...

oh my goodnesss!!! did you ever have your hands full!!!!

I just hate it when you can still smell something... long after it has been cleaned up!!!

hope things are smelling and looking better today!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Hey, when is your mom coming home again? Wouldn't you know it, everything always breaks down right before the "mom" shows up!

Could've been worse though, right?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

In the future ..
before working ...
drinks 3 whiskies ..
I did it

kisses, JoaquĆ­n