Monday, August 11, 2008

My birthday celebration continued this weekend. You know, this birthday thing is starting to grow on me ... lol

Saturday, my sister and I went to Long Island to meet up with my friend Janet. We went to Bobby's Burger Palace, a new burger place opened by Bobby Flay. It was deelish. I had a cheeseburger with potato chips on it, Janet had a burger with peppers and onions, and Laura had the Philly burger (with provolone and hot red peppers). Of course, we added french fries and onion rings, the latter of which were the best onion rings I've ever tasted -- no joke. And the dipping sauce. OMG, it was great. My sister also had a chocolate malted, but I was a good girl and just had iced tea. I did have a taste of the fresh whipped cream on her malted though. Seriously, that was the best whipped cream. Gee, you think I enjoyed the meal? LOL. Thanks, Janet, for the bday treat!

So Laura and I were driving home, and I say, "Let's go to AC" -- and so we did. We got there around 10 p.m., and got home at 6 a.m. I only lost $60, so it wasn't too bad, but man, I gotta tell you, I am too old for overnight trips. Yesterday was pretty much a wasted day for me, and I don't really like that feeling. Next time, it'll either be a day trip or we'll get a hotel room for the night. It was not safe driving home that tired. I literally had to hold my eyelids open. Never again.

This week I'll be getting ready for my trip to Spain. Can't wait! So if you don't hear from me, don't worry ... I'll just be stuck underneath a pile of clothes I can't quite get motivated to pack. ;-)

6 comments:

~grey said...

SPAIN!! You're going to spain again...

I am officially jealous of you!

LOL

When are you leaving? How long you going for?
Can you take me with you.... :)

Maria Perez said...

I can't wait ... I totally need to get away. I'm going for two weeks. Um, sure, you can come with. Just meet me at the airport. I'll wait for you at the gate. LOL. :-)

Anonymous said...

Going to AC on a whim?!?!? Who are you and what did you do with Maria??? What are you in college again?? Who goes all the way to AC on a whim?? At least get a hotel room. Ay por dios!

Maria Perez said...

Si, ya lo se. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm way too old for this. I'm still recuperating! :-)

thirthe said...

felicidades again!!!

dale said...

The contents of this article is very interesting, I am willing to read it, thank you it brings me happiness.