Monday, April 09, 2007

I hope everyone had a happy Easter/Passover! I finally had chocolate! And some yummy chocolate, at that. I think I'm going to give up something else next year, like scratch-off tickets. They're so terribly addictive.

Ooh, I saw "Blades of Glory" this weekend. Very funny. I love Will Ferrell in pretty much anything (I'm sure I'm one of three people who thought "A Night at the Roxbury" was freakin' hysterical), so I'm a bit biased, but I did think this was very funny. There are some instant-classic lines here: "I made these leather diaper bags for Faith Hill." WTF?!?

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the mild homophobia. Pretty much the entire plot was homophobic. But if you can let that go and just run with it, I think you'll enjoy it. But wait for the video. This is definitely one of those movies.

4 comments:

Preparazzi said...

Did we watch the same movie? My favorite part of the movie wasn't even in the movie..."Mr. Feany".

Maria Perez said...

Oh, come on. I heard you laughing. Don't deny it... but yes, "Mr. Feeny" was pretty funny :-)

Neetsbeat said...

All his movies are mildly homophobic these days..did ya get a load of Talladega Nights and the whole subplot with the gay French driver?

Maria Perez said...

I haven't seen it! I guess that's another movie we have to rent while I'm there... :-)