Monday, February 05, 2007

I'm sorry, was there a football game on last night? I was busy watching commercials ...

Ok, I'm lying. I was totally psyched the Colts beat the Bears, if only because I'm a sucker for underdogs. The fact the game was so tight for most of it only made it more interesting. But really, it's all about the commercials.

My faves:

Budweiser, "Rock." Who knew a game of "rock, paper, scissors" could be so dangerous.

Blockbuster, "Mouse." I'm sure the folks at PETA hated it, but I thought it was hysterical.

Snickers, "Manly." Yes, it was homophobic, but funny nonetheless. And really, it made fun of what idiots men can be. "Quick, let's do something manly." I can totally picture that happening.

Bud Light, "Class." I love Carlos Mencia, so this ad, where he teaches an ESL class, was likely to be entertaining for me. I also liked the one where he tells his girlfriend's friends all the things she's been saying about them behind their backs. Ok, so if that actually happened to me, I'd be really pissed, but it's TV, so who cares? It's funny.

Budweiser, "Dogs." Sooooo cute. I totally wanted to adopt that dog.

I also liked the one about Black History Month. It was sentimental, which you don't really look for in Super Bowl commercials, but it was nice. Of course, the fact that it was followed by men bashing each other in pursuit of a ball didn't exactly help.

3 comments:

~grey said...

Some of those commercials were priceless!

Loved the rock paper scissors!

and the Snickers "manly" too funny!

The coke ones were good too!

~grey said...

I went to see...
BNL
Barenaked Ladies (they are men) LOL

Not sure if you would know them... they are a Canadian group.

Awesome concert!
But not as good as James Blunt.

Maria Perez said...

Of course I know them. I would go see them "if I had a million dollars." They're awesome. I'm jealous! Hope you had a great time. :-)