Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I went to the INXS concert last night. My man J.D. Fortune was lookin' great! He made eye contact with me, yes he did. He wanted me. I know it.

Ahem, ok, back to reality.

The concert took place at the China Club in midtown Manhattan. Great venue: small, intimate -- only about 200 people were there.

I won't even mention that my guest was late, causing me to lose my place in the front of the line, thus, my place in the front row. I won't go into that. I won't. Instead, I'll focus on Mr. Fortune himself. He sounded fantastic! I admit I've never been a huge fan of INXS. I liked their songs enough. I wouldn't change the channel if they came on, but I'd never, say, run out and buy one of their CDs. But J.D. has added something to the band. They seem re-energized, ready to go again. And, since "Rock Star: INXS," the other band members have taken more of the spotlight, so it's not just the singer's show. Everyone seems really happy to be there, and their attitude is infectious. (Let's hope that's all that's infectious ... J.D., I'm sure, is getting plenty of action. [Cue jealous sigh here.])

Anyhoo, they came on stage at about 7:30, led by my favorite DJ, WPLJ's Race Taylor (who was kind enough to let me take a picture with him ... he even offered to take his shirt off, like J.D., but good taste prevailed). Race asked them some questions about what it's been like, what their plans are, etc., etc. Then they played a mix of their most well-known songs, like "Devil Inside," "Beautiful Girl" and "Suicide Blonde," and some of their new ones, including my personal fave, "Pretty Vegas" (written by Hotty McHotterton himself).

All in all, a really fun night. I'll have pictures soon (about 25 of them ... all of J.D.), and I will, of course, share them here.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun evening.

Did you toss any intimate apparel at J.D.?

Such actions occasionally prompt an invitation to a "private backstage show," if you know what I mean.

Hmmm. Perhaps you can audition for Kate Hudson's role in the sequel to "Almost Famous."

Cheers,
Mr. Anonymous

Maria Perez said...

Yeah, they'd call it "Almost Lucky." Key word being "almost." Ba-dum-pum.

I'd have thrown my bra at him, but then they'd have to shut down the club, so it wouldn't have worked in my favor ... :-)

Anonymous said...

Why would a bra-toss "shut down the club"?

Almost Curious.

Maria Perez said...

The sight of me bra-less would scare people... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Of course, you could've sling-shotted a thong on stage. I'm sure no one would've complained, unless you blinded J.D. by accident.

Picture this... J.D. holding his head, writhing in pain, fans rioting, and a naked woman running out the China Club.

Does it get any better?

Maria Perez said...

Gee, had I thought of that, I ... still wouldn't have done it! What, you think my ass is any better than my breasts?!?

OK, we're veering into TMI area here...

Anonymous said...

Since I haven't seen your butt or boobs, Maria Diarrhea, I'm in no position to respond. Heck, I've only seen you from the neck up (assuming that's your actual photo in the blog profile.)

That said, should you wish to offer a description of either "asset," or elect to post a full-length photo, I'd be happy to offer an honest evaluation, free of charge.

Maria Perez said...

Thanks for the offer, but trust me when I say this: You're better off taking my word for it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Okey dokey. Would love to chat more, MD, but it's a sunny day here in Southern Cal, and I'm headed to the beach for some sand and surf.

Maria Perez said...

Riiiight. And I'm off to my date with J.D.

Happy Thanksgiving! :-)